Importance of LFGB Certification & Ways to Gain This Certification
Importance Of LFGB Testing and Certification
In the era of globalization, neither people are being fettered by the border of a country, nor products are being sold only in the local market. With the development of our country’s economy, the advancement of technology, and the versatility of our needs, people are travelling across the world for different purposes, and products are being available almost everywhere in the world regardless of its origin. For example, foods that are being produced in Asian can be seen in EUROPE or America. Reversely, European or American foods have gained popularity in Asian markets. With an aim to examine as well as uphold the quality of foreign products, different countries have established different organizations and set different standards.
LFGB is a German standard especially for food products and others that are closely connected to foods such as food packaging materials, kitchen, and household items wherein there is a possibility of being migrated of noxious chemicals into the food. It is symbolized by a logo “knife and fork” which represents food security.
The primary purpose of LFGB Testing Certification is to ensure that organizations create and deliver quality products and services that meet predetermined standards. LFGB certificate is an important legal document in the field of food hygiene in Germany.
Therefore, there are numerous underlying advantages as well as disadvantages associated with. Consequently, these merits and demerits create a huge impact nearly on all levels within the organization.
Let’s explore the benefits a company can get for having LFGB certification-
(a) Increased customer satisfaction: LFGB certification certifies that the manufacturer is producing high-quality products and services. Though this is also a continual process wherein improvement has to be made to achieve total customer satisfaction and continued to upload the achieved customer satisfaction.
(b) Increased marketability: Getting LFGB certified means the organization is firmly committed to excellence which results in not only customer acquisition but also customer retention.
(c) Customer’s Trust: Customers are usually found less sceptical in buying anything that is certified by any renowned body. Containing a logo of LFGB certification indicates that the product does not have any toxic substances which are harmful to the human body. Moreover, products having certification from LFGB can easily earn customer trust while entering into a new market.
About LFGB Certification
- The certification process is initiated by sending samples along with product information by the applicant to the authority.
- Authorities assess the samples and prepare a quotation according to the type of tested material.
- Applicants must accept the quotation.
- A contract has been established by two parties.
- Tests will be conducted on the samples in accordance with the applicable standards (LFGB 30&31 etc.,)
- The Authorities issue a test report.
- For acceptable result, authority issue a certificate of LFGB compliance
LFGB Certification process
- Advisory — Sample and product information provided by the applicant
- Quotation — According to samples provided by the applicant, product engineers to assess, identify test items, and apply for the quotation
- Applicant to accept the quotation
- Contract signed
- Sample tests – tests will be conducted in accordance with the applicable standards
- Issue test report
- Issue a certificate of LFGB compliance
LFGB Test Requirements For Common Materials:
The type of tests to be conducted on a product before giving LFGB certification vary with the nature of products. What type of tests are required for which products are explained as below –
- General plastic products: Generally, it requires full migration and sensory testing.
- PVC plastic products: It requires comprehensive migration test, sensory test, vinyl chloride monomer test and peroxide value test.
- PE plastic products: It also requires sensory test, comprehensive migration test and peroxide value test. Apart from these, chromium content test, zirconium content test and vanadium content test.
- PP plastic products: Comprehensive migration test, zirconium content test, chromium content test, vanadium content test, sensory test are required for PP plastic products.
- PS, ABS, SAN, Acrylic plastic products: Apart from the sensory test, total migration test and organic volatile total, these products require peroxide value test, (VOM).
- PA, PU plastic products: Comprehensive migration test, sensory test and peroxide value test are common. Additionally, the aromatic amine migration test is conducted.
- PET plastic products: Comprehensive migration test, peroxide value test, zinc content test, lead content test are usually conducted on pet plastic products.
- Silicone rubber products: Comprehensive migration test, organic volatile content, sensory test, peroxide value test, organic tin compound test are required to attest LFGB certification on products of silicone rubber.
- Paper products: Five chlorine phenol test, hg of heavy metals (such as lead, chromium, cadmium, mercury, hexavalent) release quantity, formaldehyde content test, antibacterial composition migration test are required for the paper product. Besides, the azo dye test is performed on coloured paper products.
- Non-stick coating products: Sensory testing, comprehensive migration test and different types of dissolubility test such as phenol test, formaldehyde test, aromatic amine test, hexavalent chromium (Vl) test.
- Metal, alloy and electroplating products: Heavy metal dissolution [like lead, nickel, cadmium, chromium ] test along with the sensory test.
- Baking paper products: Appearance, antibacterial composition migration test, thermal stability, sensory test, polychlorinated biphenyl test, and formaldehyde dissolution test are required baking paper products.
- Wood products: Wood products require pentachlorophenol test and sensory test.
- Ceramics, glass, and enamel products: The content of lead cadmium dissolution was usually tested in contact with food.
Article Source: Importance of LFGB Certification & Ways to Gain This Certification: Why the LFGB Testing Certification is important and what's the LFGB Certification Process? What's the LFGB Test Requirements for common materials.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
You've provided quite good information here about Actual Tests Download. This is fantastic since it expands our knowledge and is also beneficial to us. Thank you for sharing this piece of writing.ReplyDelete
I have read this article twice because of it's amazing writing you can also check China Toy manufacturering Company in ChinaReplyDelete
Formal typefaces, generally in black, express efficiency and efficacy in business-related goods. Usually, unusual typefaces in vivid colours are preferred. Children's toys, on the other hand, use vivid, vibrant packaging to make the product seem engaging and entertaining. PVC Cling FilmReplyDelete