Technicals of Fabric Rub Test in quality inspection
Rub test is designed to determine the degree of color which may be transferred from the surface of a colored fabric to a specify test cloth for rubbing (which could be dry and Wet). Crockmeter is used for testing the transference of color from the surface of one material to another by either wet or dry rubbing.
|Fabric rub test|
Two Type of fabric rub test:
1. Wet test:One drop distill water droplet in white paper then white paper set in m/c .10 times rubbing than grading by gray scale or data color.
2. Dry test:White paper set in m/c .10 times rubbing than grading by gray scale or data color.
Color the Fastness to Rubbing Test (Dry/Wet)
- Dyed fabric – 15 cm X 5 cm
- White Test Cloth – 5 cm X 5 cm
- White test cloth is put on to the grating and stag by steel wire.
- The sample is run twenty times manually for ten seconds. and the rubbing fastness of the sample cloth and degree of staining is accessed.
- For rubbing fastness (Wet), the rubbing cloth is placed in the water and socked and squeeze. The wet rubbing cloth is placed on to the grating and stag with stainless steel wire and run ten times manually then assess the staining on to the rubbing cloth and the rubbing fastness of the sample cloth is accessed.
- Change of shade of the sample is measured with grey scale and degree of staining of the white test cloth is measured by Staining Scale.